Technical Support Engineer
- Job Title
- Technical Support Engineer
- Reporting To
- Technical Manager
- Hixon, Staffordshire
Main Function of Job
To ensure the provision of a high level of technical support and customer service, by direct and indirect contact with all external and internal customers within the Washroom, Bathroom, Heating and Renewable markets. To ensure customer requests are processed efficiently in line with processes detailed within the Business Procedures Manual and standards of performance.
Carry out product testing and inspection of products to validate warranty claims.
(In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
- Technical assistance to external and internal customers within the Washroom, Bathroom, Plumbing and Heating and Solar markets
- Returned product Inspections and validation of warranty claims
- Maintenance of product technical data files
- New product development testing ensuring products meet with the relevant regulations, standards and quality requirements
- Quality inspecting and reporting of products
- Provide effective communication across the business
- Ensure effective team working within the department
- Ensure an effective contribution to the continual improvement process
- Ensure compliance with company Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all other company policies and procedures
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer, FAX, Scanner, Telephone, Hand tools, Test/Measurement Equipment.
Working Conditions / Degree of Effort Required
Disciplined operation, attention to detail and accuracy of information.
Ensure compliance with internal business procedures.
Qualifications / Education Required
- NVQ / City & Guilds qualification in relevant field or time served engineer: Desirable
- Relevant industry / Plumbing and Heating / Renewables background: Desirable
- Applicant from other engineering backgrounds strongly considered
- Good standard of education within a Technical subject
Proven record of a similar role within a proactive Technical Team or relevant industry experience
Any particular attributes /aptitude/skill required
- Efficient planning and time management is essential
- Methodical work ethic
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Smart presentable appearance
- Flexible approach
How To Apply
To apply, please click here to email your CV.
Position: Project Engineer
Company: Intatec Limited
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Location: Hixon, Staffordshire
The Project Engineer will interpret the requirements from a sales enquiry for a new product and design and develop a new product accordingly, ensuring that it complies with all of the relevant standards and legislation. A product specification document will be produced by the Project Engineer that will be used to define the product requirements with the chosen manufacturing plant in Europe or Asia, being the key communication tool between the client, Intatec and the manufacturing plant. The Project Engineer is responsible for creating project plans and leading or participating in them, providing key technical support, co-ordinating stakeholders and monitoring progression on numerous projects ensuring they are completed on time.
The Project Engineer will also be required to provide excellent Technical product support to internal and external customers. The project engineer must be disciplined and dynamic in achieving goals, be comfortable working autonomously and have exemplary organisational and communication skills.
- Develop new products according to sales enquiries or company requirements that comply with British and European standards and legislation
- Identify new products, product improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Produce Product Specification documents
- Create, manage and co-ordinate project plans
- Communicate requirements effectively with manufacturing plants in Europe and Asia
- Client liaison for technical requirements and engineering solutions
- Travel to manufacturing plants when required
- Create 2/3 dimensional drawings and models
- Create BIM models for products as required
- Produce product testing procedures as maybe required
- Ensure product technical files are correct and maintained
- Provide technical support to internal staff and external customers
- Ensure the company complies with all national and European standards and legislation
- Work to company quality management systems
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested
- Mechanical engineering
- Product development in a similar field
- Project leadership
- Design and drafting experience with CAD systems in both 2D and 3D
- Understanding of all plumbing and heating systems would be advantageous
Qualifications / Experience
BEng Mechanical Engineering preferred but not essential
HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering essential
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
Full UK Driving License
To apply please click here to email your CV.